Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Superbowl Oreos

Buzz! Buzz! That is the sound my phone made at 2 a.m. this past Saturday night. I, being a natural night owl, had only just recently gone to bed, but still I was in bed attempting to sleep. I mistakenly looked at my phone to see that my brother Michael had messaged me. Great, what could he possibly want other than a ride home from whatever shenanigans he was up too. Being the world’s best sister, I answered and dutifully left the house at 2:30 a.m. to go pick him up at Yonge and York Mills. That is in Toronto if you all aren’t in the know.

I get a kiss on the shoulder and a five-dollar bill for this great sacrifice of going out in the middle of the night to get him, but he is my brother and I do it more often than I should. On the way home we start talking about the Superbowl and if I am going to watch it with him. Mike then goes on about how it is a man's day, and a man's day needs man's food; hence why I decided to make this week’s recipe into the shape of footballs. I thought we all deserved a little something special and I do love a theme. I chose to make homemade Oreos, and like I said, in the shape of footballs.

I found this week's recipe on Plain Gourmet, which is a blog that I frequently read for new ideas and recipes. Check it out for the recipe I used to make these cookies. The only thing this blog left out was how long to bake the cookies, I baked mine for about 8 minutes and they turned out great!



2 comments: