Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2012

A February Trail Ride


Me on Zoro!
There is nothing better than a trail ride to put a smile on my face. What’s a trail ride? Getting on horseback and taking a leisurely ride through the Niagara escarpment, across the beach at Lake Erie, and back home along a stretch of the Trans Canada Trail. I braved the cold wind and the potential snowstorm and went anyway. I’ll brave the winter elements to spend time with new friends and horses. I’ve done crazier things to be on horseback, so braving the elements is nothing.
Steph riding Tiny!

I have been riding since I was 9-years-old and have loved horses for as long as I can remember. I was so excited when my roommate, Steph, organized a trail ride and potluck for the Brock Equestrian team. Living with her has some perks and I got invited along even though I’m not on the team. Saturday could not come fast enough for me.  

Potluck you say. Well what would a baking blogger bring to a potluck… I just had absolutely no idea that I would bring cookies, none at all. Friday night we enjoyed a drink in our kitchen and got baking. I have never met anyone that does not love a chocolate chip cookie and since I didn’t know all the girls that were coming I thought it was a safe choice. 

 I have been baking chocolate chip cookies for as long as I can remember. I have made them so many times I have the recipe memorized. I have no idea where I originally got it from or who first created it. All I know is that people get really impressed when you start measuring all your ingredients and have no recipe in front of you. 

In all it was a great day. I had a lot of fun and I have to credit Steph for most of it, because without her it would have been another Saturday filled with homework… Which I think we can all agree is never any fun. I had such a good time the fact that my entire body ached the next day didn’t even bother me. I got to spend an amazing day meeting some great new people, enjoy some delicious food, and of course horses. In my opinion, there is nothing better.

To print the recipe click here!        

5 comments:

  1. You baked with no recipe??? I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were SO good. I ate a little too many - but it was well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these the same cookies you bought into school on Thursday? I LOVE how they were so soft. Soft cookies are so much better than hard cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great photograph of you and Zoro.

    ReplyDelete