Pages

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Soft and Delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

So it is day 5 after the removal of my wisdom teeth, and the first day that I have not been in a T3 induced haze. I knew that with this horrendous ordeal coming up I needed to plan ahead a little bit and ensure that I had a delicious treat ready for you all.
The Perfect Ratio

I whipped up a simple easy batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I won't lie, I was nervous about going under and having my teeth wrenched from my jaw. I was in need of some comfort and nothing is more comforting to me than an oatmeal cookie. I really enjoy an oatmeal raisin cookie but Brad, a classmate, put in a bid for them to be chocolate chip. I obliged him and ensured that I obtained the best ratio of cookie to chocolate chip, it was apparently a huge concern of his that I got the ratio right. 
Getting ready for the oven.
Yummy!

I went to the bible of cookbooks for this recipe, Joy of Cooking. We have an incredibly old and decrepit copy of this cookbook and to save the poor book from travel I have a photo of the page the recipe is on. These are the best oatmeal cookies in my opinion, and I always like baking them when I feel the need for a bit of comfort. 



I also love how you can make this basic oatmeal cookie into a bunch of different cookies. Sometimes I like to add raisins, chocolate chips, or my favourite dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Now I think it is time for me to curl back up on the couch and ice my cheeks.

8 comments:

  1. Joy of Cooking is boss. What recipe DOESN'T it have??

    P.S. these look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad Brad suggested these cookies. They were delicious :) and I believe my mom has this old cookbook as well, so I think I'm going to bake these soon. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I approve of the ratio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with the ratio and the cookies. They were tasty. I like your blog and think you should do something special for St. Pattys. Maybe work with Matt and Claire to come up with a whole meal. Matt does main course, Claire does beverage and you do desert. It would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Joy of Cooking is the most amazing cook book. Great choice with oatmeal chocolate chip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm I love oatmeal cookies! I will have to try these out myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As far as I'm concerned, oatmeal choco chip is the best kind of cookie there is.

    ReplyDelete