Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Muffin anyone?

I have been going in to my internship for the past two weeks and it came to my attention that I have been lacking in the breakfast department. I have been told I am a champion sleeper, my roommates can confirm this title, I could quite happily sleep my days away but sadly I know that this just isn't the way the world works. Getting up at the crack of dawn to ensure that I get to my internship in a timely manner (I am always worried I'll be late so I end up arriving 15 minutes early) leaves me with little time to make a filling breakfast in the morning. If only I had something I could quickly grab on the way out of the house in the morning that I could munch on in the car...

MUFFINS!

I made banana muffins just over a week ago and they were gone in an instant. We are a big banana family so we often have some that are overly ripe and perfect for making banana muffins. So I whipped up another batch knowing they would make the perfect breakfast this week.

My mom has had this recipe in her recipe box for as long as I can remember. She got it from one of her friends and it has been our go to banana bread/muffin recipe. I have tried many different banana breads, both homemade and store bought, and none of them even come close to being as delicious as this recipe is.

You can easily turn this batter into muffins or delicious banana bread. You can add different extra ingredients to it, such as sprinkling in a few chocolate chips. This is my favourite thing to add and I have perfected how to properly add them.

If you mix the chocolate chips in with the batter they all end up sinking to the bottom which is not ideal in a muffin. If you sprinkle them on top before you put them in the oven you run into the same problem. So how can we solve this dilemma? If you take the muffins out of the oven 10 minutes before they are done and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top then, not only do they sink down just enough to stick into the batter so they do not roll off while eating, they do not all sink to the bottom of the muffin!

So I hope you try out the recipe and enjoy as much as I do!

Recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment