Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes

I decided to branch out again this week and bake you something other than a cookie. Guinness chocolate cupcakes anyone? I think that they were a hit by how fast my classmates gobbled them up, and by how my family was eyeing them all weekend.

I chose this recipe in honour of St. Patrick’s Day, as there is nothing more Irish than Guinness Beer.  I also knew that my brothers birthday was approaching (meaning that his birthday is today… Happy Birthday Mike!) and would therefore need some sort of cake to celebrate.

I love celebrating holidays, even if they are controversial ones in the sense that Valentine's Day is a marketing scam, and that St. Patrick’s Day is just an excuse to get drunk. I love these holidays and all the cute things that you can find at the dollar store or bulk barn to theme whatever you bake.

Shamrock sprinkles from Bulk Barn!
 Only $0.79 for a whole bag!
Bulk Barn had cute cupcake liners that were green and covered in shamrocks. Wilton makes them and they usually have many different things to make any occasion great! I baked some in these cups and found that they got all faded and lost their colourfulness once they were out of the oven. It is my goal to find a way to use these without losing their colour.


Other than that, these cupcakes are delicious! I frosted them with just a vanilla buttercream that I dyed green with food colouring, just to enhance the St. Patrick’s Day theme.



I found the recipe on My Baking Addiction, which is a food blog I constantly read because it has amazing recipes that you can be sure are going to turn out great every time! I adapted it a little bit so I have typed my version out for you here. Definitely look at their version and all the other great recipes they have to offer. I just changed the measurement's for you all so you wouldn't need to do any conversions! 

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!


13 comments:

  1. Mmm these look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes were so good. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe you make so many amazing treats Pam. They're all extremely delicious. I think I should make this site my recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, you are so popular I think you should be a chef and write a cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday I went to check out where I'm interning and I was told that cupcakes are so 5 minutes ago. They clearly did not try your cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes were FANTASTIC pam! I love any kind of cooking that incorporates using some form of alcohol as well. Just adds that special touch, you know??

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look delicious. Would have been a great addition to my actual st patricks day festivities

    ReplyDelete
  8. These were so delicious and I'm even more impressed that they were made with beer! My two favourite things: beer and cupcakes. Well done, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhh mannnn they were soooo good to eat! Thanks Pam. I have learned to love Guinness for the first time this season and I think I owe it to you. THATS WHY I WAS CRAVING MUFFINS AFTER PATTY'S DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm literally salivating right now. You need to start your business!

    In related news, the bakery where I work celebrated St. Patty's Day with Guinness Potato Bread. I didn't get to try any, but it was a hit with customers. People love it when you put beer in stuff that doesn't normally have beer (chickens, vases etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam I must say I enjoy your tasty treats every week. I wish I could bake as good as you, but as I'm sure you saw my version of your cupcakes - not up to par that's for sure.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I tried to make your deliciousness of sweets... and failed miserably... I think you should just mail out your pre-made treats and I'll do you the favour of eating them :)
    Delicious Darling - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete