Pages

Sunday 29 January 2012

Tips, Tricks and Tools

I promised to share some of my best tips, tricks and tools with all of you; so let me fill you in on one of my favourite tools.  Instead of using mass amounts of parchment paper to protect my mother's pans, I have used a Silpat.  A Silpat is the must have non-stick mat for all bakers. Seriously, it will be one of the best investments you ever make.

My 9-year-old Silpat
This is one I have had since I was 12-years-old. It still works just as well as the day I got it. I know it looks battered and abused, but I prefer to think of it as well loved. I have invested in a couple of them so that I can bake on multiple pans.

My 1-year-old Silpat

I bought mine at Cayne's, but you can get them at a lot of different kitchen supply stores. They usually retail for $17.99
so you can all afford this investment. You are bettering the environment by cutting down on waste from parchment paper, and saving yourself a few dollars over the years by not having to buy it either.

I am currently working on my next sinfully delicious creation and I will be using my Silpat. Can anyone guess what it is? Hint: it involves Kisses

5 comments:

  1. Whatever your next creation is I want some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashlie McDougallJanuary 31, 2012 4:41 am

      I agree with this statement!

      Delete
    2. Justin did get some! Too bad you ran away to Scotland...

      Delete
  2. That's one sick-looking piece of baking machinery. I'll have to tell katie to invest in one of these bad boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend's mom goes through so much parchment paper. This is a great gift idea and money saver!

    ReplyDelete